Normally, we do not allow users to share information to outside payment platforms such as Venmo or CashApp on Spoon. However, we do allow users to promote outside charities, provided they follow the steps of our approval process below.
- You must select a reputable charity with an A- rating or higher on https://www.charitywatch.org/.
- When fundraising on Spoon, do not ask for Spoons, as we do not have a way to ensure that they will go to the proper charity. Similarly, you cannot ask people to send money to a personal GoFundMe, Venmo, CashApp, etc.
- Your two options for fundraising are to ask listeners to:
- Send people directly to the charity's website, or
- Create a GoFundMe that sends the money directly to a charity (https://charity.gofundme.com/)
- Email email@example.com with the subject line "Charity Stream [date of stream]." This should be done at least 3 business days prior to the intended date of the stream.
- Your email to firstname.lastname@example.org should include the following:
- intended date of the charity stream
- the place you will be asking people to donate, including a link
- a link to your charity's rating on www.charitywatch.org
We will get back to you in 1-2 business days to let you know if your charity stream has been approved. Any charity streams that have not gone through this approval process will be shut down. We love that you want to support causes you're passionate about and want to make sure it is done the right way! As always, you can send any questions you have about this to email@example.com or @spoon_global on Twitter!