Last Updated: 7 February 2022
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
A. Information You Provide to Us.
Registration and Profile Information. If you sign up for an account, we ask you for your nickname, password, email address, date of birth, and phone number. You may also provide your gender, profile photo, a voice introduction, and topics that interest you. You may also connect your Social media accounts. You may be required to provide to us a valid form of government-issued identification. If you sign up using a social media or third-party account, we will also receive information from those third-party services such as your name, email address, profile photo.
Payment Information. Spoon offers users the ability to buy “Spoons” which in turn can be used to buy “Gifts” for DJs on the Services. If you buy Spoons, your purchase will be made through your Apple or Google account. Spoon does not collect financial or billing information from you in relation to such a transaction. Please review Apple or Google’s terms and notices to learn more about how your data is processed. We do keep a record of the purchases you make, the time of your purchases, and the amount you spend in order to credit your account with the correct value.
If you are a DJ or broadcast a live stream and you receive a certain number of Coins, Coins may result in some revenue as determined in Spoon’s sole discretion. However, Spoon makes no guarantee that the amount of Coins will correlate to the revenue you may receive from User Content.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us for support, we will receive your nickname, email address, unique ID, title, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Audio Broadcasts and User Content. When you use the Services, you may provide us with audio recordings (including voice) (“Casts”), live streams, along with any other content that you submit, webcast, or otherwise transmit to the Services, including, without limitation, comments, messages, photos, video, images, folders, data, text, and other types of works published on the Services, including through features such as LIVE, CAST, and TALK (including any third-party content included in such user content, such as any audiovisual works, sound recordings or musical works) (together with “Casts,” “User Content”).
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
Location Information. We infer your general location information (for example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region).
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including internet protocol (IP) address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
Usage Information. We automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, your language selection, the searches you conduct, people you follow, content you like, virtual items that you purchase, gift and receive, your chats and comments, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties.
We may receive additional information about you from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, to validate or verify your account, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To facilitate the connection of third-party services or applications, such as social networks and payment providers;
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To personalize your experience on our Services such as presenting tailored content;
- To send you push notifications;
- To send you text messages with the purpose of confirming your account;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To de-identify and aggregate information collected through the Services and use it for any lawful purpose;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise, including taking steps that we reasonably believe to be necessary to protect the safety, security, and rights of Spoon, its employees, service providers, users and others;
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
We may also aggregate, de-identify, and/or anonymize any information collected through the Services in such a way that we cannot reasonably link information to you or your device. We may use such aggregate, de-identified, or anonymous information for any purpose.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
User Content. Our Services are social services in which you can find, enjoy, and share audio content. Your name, username, Casts, live streams, and other profile information are viewable by other users. DJs and broadcasters can see when you are viewing their live streams. We are not responsible for how other users use available information, so you should carefully consider whether and what to post, and how you identify yourself on the Services.
Third-Party App Integrations. If you connect a third-party application to our Services, we may share information such as app-install confirmation with that third party.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Advertising Partners. We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on our Services and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt-out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt-out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal processes, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) comply with applicable law; (d) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer your information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Consent We may also disclose information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as our Services are hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
You can update your account and profile information or deactivate your account through your profile settings.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). The CCPA requires us to provide our users who reside in California with the additional notice below.
We collect and disclose for a business purpose the following categories of personal information:
- Contact Information and Identifiers, including name, alias, online identifiers, IP address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Customer Records, including name, telephone number, and financial information (such as payment and bank account number, collected only by our service provider).
- Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law, including age and gender.
- Commercial Information, including products or services purchased or obtained.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, including browsing history, search history, and information regarding a user’s interaction with an internet website or application.
- Audio/Visual Information, including audio, visual, and electronic information.
- Professional/Employment Information, including job application or resume information if you apply for a job with us.
- Inferences, inferences drawn from any personal information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.
- Identifiers for Verification, such as your government-issued identification if requested and provided by you, to manage your account, provide the Service, other internal operations and to verify or validate your account.
If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights:
- The right to request a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you in the prior 12 months.
- The right to request details about the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources, the business or commercial purposes for collecting information, and the categories of third parties with which we share information.
- The right to request deletion of the personal information that we have collected about you, subject to certain exemptions.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your CCPA privacy rights, subject to certain limitations.
An authorized agent may submit an access or deletion request on your behalf by sending a written authorization signed by you to firstname.lastname@example.org. . We may still require you to directly verify your identity and confirm that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and you wish to remove content that you publicly posted, you may submit a request by contacting us at email@example.com. . Removing the public content does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.